|Home > Tax Relief > Veterans Exemption|
500 S. Gillette Ave.
Gillette, WY 82716
P.O. Box 877
Gillette, WY 82717
Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM
Basic requirements and facts about Wyoming’s Veteran’s Exemption:
1. You must currently be a resident of Wyoming and have been a resident for the past 3 years.
2. You must have been an honorably discharged veteran meeting the statute’s required dates (and/or) medals received.
3. If you are a widow and your spouse had been an honorably discharged veteran meeting the requirements laid out in statute you can receive the benefit the rest of your life as long as you remain unmarried.
6. There is no cap on benefits unless you are a widow, in which case it never runs out unless you remarry.
9. You must give us some kind of communication to sign the card for the real estate exemption every year. You may come in our office, call us, or mail a letter. You must do this after January 1st of the current year but before the 4th monday in May.