When disaster strikes . . .
According to Wyoming State Statute, in part, "Homeland security" means the preparation for and the carrying out of all emergency functions essential to the recovery and restoration of the economy by supply and re-supply of resources to meet urgent survival and military needs.
Disasters may be caused by:
- Enemy attack
- Civil disorder or other hostile action
- Other natural causes and other technological, industrial, civil and political events.
Emergency functions include without limitation, the coordination of :
- Fire-fighting services
- Police services
- Medical and health services
- Attack warning services
- Radiological events
- Evacuation of persons from stricken areas
- Emergency welfare services (civilian war aid)
- Emergency transportation
- Existing or properly assigned functions of plan protection
- Temporary restoration of public utility services
- Mitigation activities in areas threatened by natural or technological hazards
- and other functions related to civilian protection
The Campbell County, City of Gillette and Town Wright Joint Hazard Mitigation Plan