|Wyoming Retirement Systems|
All eligible employees (who work at least 20 hours per week) participate in the Wyoming Retirement System. Under this plan employees contribute 7.00% of their gross salary, and the employer contributes 7.12% of each employees gross salary for a total contribution of 14.12% per pay period. Currently, both the employee and the employer contribution are funded by Campbell County.
WRS provides a member account statement for each contributing employee once a year. Statements are prepared and distributed to employers during the first quarter of the year after all contributions for the preceding year have been posted.
Law enforcement and fire fighter retirement may differ. For more information on Wyoming Retirement, contact WRS directly at (307) 777-7691 or visit their web site at http://retirement.state.wy.us.
An optional 457 Deferred Compensation plan is offered to all eligible employees (who work at least 20 hours per week). You may enroll in the 457 plan at any time during your employment. You must contribute at least $20 per month, but you can contribute any dollar amount up to the IRS annual plan contribution limit. In 2013, the limits are $17,500 for participants under age 50, and $23,000 for participants who will be age 50 or older as of December 31st. Each year these figures are adjusted according to inflation. You may increase, decrease, stop, or restart your contributions at any time. You are always 100% vested in your Deferred Compensation Plan account. If you have questions regarding the optional 457 plan, call 1-800-989-9324 to speak with a Retirement Educator.
More information regarding benefits can be found in the Personnel & Benefit binders as well as by contacting the HR Department. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and may change at any time. In the case of a difference between the above listed information and the master policies, the master policies will be controlling.