Records FAQ

Where can I get a copy of my traffic crash report?

Crashes within the Gillette city limits can be obtained by contacting the Gillette Police Department. Crashes investigated by the Wyoming Highway Patrol can be obtained by contacting the local highway patrol office at (307) 682-3550.

Crashes investigated by the Campbell County Sheriff's Office can be obtained at 600 W. Boxelder Road, Gillette, WY 82718. Request Forms can be printed and filled out prior to coming into the office. There is a $ 3.00 CASH ONLY charge for traffic reports.
Please call (307) 687-6161 in advanced to ensure your report is completed and ready for release.

How do I obtain a copy of an investigative report?

Records that are available to the public can be requested, in writing, to the Campbell County Sheriff's Office. Cases under current investigation or that include pending charges will not be released from this office. Records requests for pending cases must be submitted to the Campbell County Attorney's Office. Fee Schedule.

How do I apply for an abandoned vehicle title?

Any vehicle left unattended on private property without the express consent of the owner or person in lawful control of the property for at least thirty (30) consecutive days may be sold by the owner or person in lawful control of the property at public auction to the highest bidder. W.S. 31-13-109

Vehicles purchased without clear title cannot be processed as an abandoned vehicle.

The following documents can be downloaded to assist you in the abandoned vehicle title process. Campbell County Sheriff's personnel are unable to provide legal advice. Please contact legal counsel for exigent circumstances.

How do I get my vehicle out of impound?

Impounded vehicles will be available for release upon proof of ownership, proof of current registration and proof of insurance if the car is to be driven from the lot. All applicable fees must be paid in full. Vehicles seized for evidence will need a release of evidence from the County Attorney's Office.

How can I get a background check on myself?

A local background check can be obtained by filling out a local background check form. Bring this form with proper identification to the Campbell County Sheriff's Office. A $5.00 cash only fee is required at the time of request.