Rockpile Museum Association Internship
The Rockpile Museum Association is excited to announce an internship at the Campbell County Rockpile Museum for the summer of 2018. The goal of the Rockpile Museum Association Internship is to provide an exceptional educational experience for emerging professionals in the fields of museums and archives.
Two choices of focus: Collections Cataloging or Curatorial.
The collections cataloging intern will learn the components of Past Perfect museum software, including categorization and cataloging. They will also photograph or scan artifacts, photographs and documents and prepare and upload records into Past Perfect Online. Proper handling, storage, and rehousing techniques will be taught. The curatorial intern will primarily focus on exhibition development which includes: development and research of theme, museum collections research and loan procurement, artifact handling and mounting, creation of text panels and artifact labels, and development of publicity materials. Both internship options will require a final public presentation about the work and experience.
- Paid housing for the two month duration of the internship.
- Paid membership to a variety of organizations including:
- 2 month pass to Campbell County Rec Center
- 1 year membership to Campbell County Historical Society
- 1 year membership to the Pumpkin Buttes Archaeological Society
- 1 year membership to the Rockpile Museum Association
- Tickets to a variety of activities and places of interest
- Monthly stipend of $700.
Fill out the Internship Application which can be downloaded below. Submit all required documents:
Rockpile Museum Association
c/o Angela Beenken
900 West 2nd Street
Gillette, WY 82716
Or via email to:
April 15, 2018
Contact Angela Beenken
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org