Vision Care Plan
Your vision care plan (VSP) is optional and is employee paid. Effective July 1, 2012, the fees are as follows:
- Single: $11.15 a month
- Employee plus spouse: $18.35 a month
- Employee plus child / children: $17.43 a month
- Employee plus family: $28.93 a month
When visiting a VSP network doctor:
- You'll receive:
- Exam covered in full every 12 months.
- Prescription Glasses - Lenses covered in full every 12 months. - Single vision, lined bifocals and lined trifocal lenses.
- Frames every 24 months - Frame of your choice covered up to $140. Plus, 20% off any out-of-pocket costs.
- Contacts every 12 months - When you choose contacts instead of glasses, your $140 allowance applies to the cost of your contacts and the contact lens exam (fitting and evaluation). This exam is in additional to your vision exam to ensure proper fit of contacts. If you choose contact lenses you will be eligible for a frame 12 months from the date the contact lenses were obtained.
- Exam: $10
- Prescription glasses: $15
- Contacts: No copay applies
For more information, contact VSP at 1-800-877-7195 or visit their website. More information regarding benefits can be found in the personnel and benefit binders as well as by contacting the Human Resources Department. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and may change at any time. In the case of a difference between the above listed information and the master policies, the master policies will be controlling.