**There will be NO Building Inspections available May 12th & 13th while the inspectors attend training. Please plan accordingly and call with questions.**
Roles & Responsibilities
The purpose of the Building Division is:
- To assist in determining the applicable building codes for new construction, additions, and remodels and to provide information regarding appropriate zoning regulations for a specific use of property
- To issue permits for the rules regulating construction adopted by Campbell County
- To provide assistance and information regarding the minimum type of permitting and inspections required for the various types of construction and uses of buildings
- To provide inspection and zoning services to residents of Campbell County living outside the incorporated areas of Gillette. Inspection and zoning services are being provided to the Town of Wright per an April 2018 agreement. See below for more information.
Town of Wright Information
Campbell County, through its Building & Planning/Zoning Divisions, is now providing building inspection and zoning review services for the Town of Wright. Applicants for construction-related permits shall contact the Town of Wright directly at (307) 464-1666 or through the Town of Wright's website and the Town will initiate plan review, zoning code review and building inspections services with Campbell County. The County does not issue any permits for the Town, and thus the applicant must contact the Town of Wright first. Please be aware that to obtain building inspection services during construction, a minimum of 48-hours notice will be required.
We encourage residents of Campbell County to stop by and review and/or update their respective address files. We will assign an address for new residents as well as issue permits and perform inspections for the work occurring on each job site, existing sites, as well as new construction in Campbell County. Forms and information concerning new addresses and/or work to be performed at each job site may be obtained from our department. At this time, plan reviews, permits, and inspections are a free service in Campbell County. Feel free to contact our department as we welcome your inquiries.
Once a contractor has registered with our department they are permitted call in services. Electrical contractors must provide copies of their state-required Master’s License as well as their state Electrical Contractor’s License. All other contractors are not required to provide any licensing documentation. Plan reviews are normally completed in-house and inspectors are available in the office weekday mornings, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. for one-on-one consultations and to answer questions.
- Building a Home on Rural Property (Outside a Subdivision)
- Building Permit & Zoning Certificate Application
- Building Your New Home in a Subdivision
- Certified Personal Wind Turbines List
- Chapter Four Rules - Regulating Construction
- Commercial Building Permit Checklist
- Commercial Electrical Plan Submittal
- Commercial Site Plan Checklist