The North Landfill is offering a free Public Dump Day for those citizens impacted by the current closure. This event is scheduled for Saturday, April 4th, 2020, from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- The Public Dump Day is for residential garbage only.
- NO commercial haulers or contractors will be allowed to dump and loads of shingles will be turned away.
- Residents are limited to their household garbage only. Tires, refrigerators, freezers and/or air conditioning units will not be allowed.
- A limited number of loads will be allowed to enter the pit at one time.
- Children under the age of 15 and pets must remain your vehicle at all times.
- We are expecting a high volume of traffic so please be patient. We will be working hard to make sure everyone gets in and out of the pit safely but be aware there may be delays.
Effective March 23, 2020, the Campbell County Landfill will be closed to public/residential dumping. The landfill will remain open for commercial haulers but payment is limited to credit card only. The landfill will not accept cash or checks. This policy will remain in place until further notice. Please check our website frequently for the most up to date information regarding the situation.
The landfill has three scales. The outer scale is for commercial haulers and the inner scales (one inbound and one outbound) are for the public. (See the Site Map and Lane Use information). Pull onto the inbound scale and the attendant will direct you to the appropriate dump site.
Pit 3 is for scrap metal, including washers and dryers, hot water heaters, refrigerators and sheet metal. Please do not throw other debris in the scrap metal pile.
Pit 2 is for municipal solid waste (MSW). Place household garbage, cardboard, paper and treated wood in this pit.
Pit 5 is for tires. It is okay if rims are attached but please do not throw other debris into the pile.
Pit 4 is for clean, unpainted, untreated wood such as pallets and raw lumber. Do not throw trash or painted wood in the pile.
Pit 1 is for construction/demolition material such as sheet rock, wood, concrete, shingles and bricks. Please do not place any paper, cardboard or insulation in this pit.
Fee waived dumping continues at the landfill, with each valid residential address in Campbell County receiving a total of twelve (12) subsidized dumps each year. See fee waived dumping program for more details.
We encourage you to pre-register your address for this program to speed up the process at the scale house.
Make sure you tarp or strap your loads before heading to the new facility. There will be a $25 fee for residential loads and a $50 fee for commercial loads arriving at the landfill with an unsecure load. See Dumping Guidelines for more information.