Youth are assigned to one of our Juvenile Probation Officers: Felice Acosta, Andreah Kramer, Rachel Materi and Ben Gauthier. Intensive supervision probation is provided by JR Bailey.
Terms and Conditions
Juveniles are placed on Terms and Conditions by the Judge. The following is a list of standard Terms and Conditions:
- Regular meetings with juveniles and parents
- Visits to home, school, community service or work
- Academic Monitoring-school grades, attendance, discipline
- Random drug/alcohol testing
- Searches of home, vehicles, and/or electronic devices
- Mental Health Evaluation and/or counseling
- Substance Abuse evaluation and/or treatment
- Community Service
- Employment and Payment of Restitution / fines
- Assigned Curfew
- House Arrest / Electronic Monitoring / GPS
- Restriction on associates
In Juvenile Court cases, parents/ guardians are also assigned a variety of terms and conditions which may include providing supervision for their child, cooperation with the Juvenile Probation Office and participation in a variety of treatment modalities.
Community Service Supervisor, Nikki Nellermoe, provides supervision services to both the Juvenile Probation Department and Juvenile Diversion Program, assigning and supervising community service hour requirements imposed upon the juveniles through the Municipal, Circuit, Juvenile and Juvenile & Family Drug Courts, as well as those which are a condition of the Juvenile Diversion Program. She additionally teaches both TEG and Corrective Thinking Classes. Benefits include more timely completion of Court orders, serving as an on-going reminder to our youth that these orders should be taken seriously, and saving the costs which accrue with delayed compliance.
Those juveniles who have committed a tobacco-related offense may be required to attend the TEG Class in addition to their community service requirement. The TEG Class, which includes elements of lecture, video, demonstration and discussion, aims to move the participant through the stages of preparation and action to quit tobacco use.