Missions & Value Statement
Our Mission Statements
Our mission is to provide diverse cultural opportunities for reading, learning and entertainment to all citizens of our community. We lead the way to a universe of information with personal service and technology.
In This We Believe
As the board and staff of Campbell County Public Library make day-to-day decisions, these are the values that we hold dear:
- Personalized, consistent, high quality one-on-one service that conveys personality and love of the library while not compromising patron privacy.
- Library staff who are well trained, informed, and feel they are appreciated.
- Marketing all aspects of library services for public awareness.
- Technology for efficient work flow and access to information, as well as unique services for public and staff.
- Public input and response to their desires for quality library service.
- Good working relationships with community groups.
- Good relationship with other libraries across the state in order to share resources, and maximize networking.
- Convenient facilities with comfortable environments that meets the capacity requirements of the community.
- Active democratic processes with open meeting rooms, diverse collections and programs.
- The Library Foundation, donors, grant makers, and others providing revenues to increase library services.
- Library Managers: December 21, 1999
- Library Foundation: January 11, 2000
- Library Board: April 13, 2000
- Library Board: June 12, 2003
- Library Board: November 25, 2013
Departmental Mission Statements
The following are departments within the Campbell County Public Library that have personalize mission statements.
- Administrative Services
- Circulation Services
- Extension Services
- Reference Services
- Technical Services
- Youth Services
- Wright Branch
- Provide efficient and responsible leadership and fiscal management while adhering to legal guidelines.
- Represent, accurately and creatively, library services, visions and values.
- Provide a safe, structured, and supportive work environment conducive to staff unity, communication and morale while ensuring the highest level of service.
- Provide guidance for technology.
- Provide timely, accurate, and efficient movement of library materials in a friendly manner while protecting patron privacy.
- Provide and promote a diverse, well maintained fiction and non-print collection balancing informational, educational and entertainment objectives.
- Provide access to technologically current audiovisual equipment.
- Empower patrons to enhance their library usage through technological advancements.
Questions, concerns, or comments regarding these services can be directed to Anna Street by calling 307-682-3223.
- Extend the library beyond traditional boundaries by offering services in remote locations and to patrons with limiting circumstances.
- Involve the community in library activities through the volunteer program and cultural activities.
- Offer personal service to library users seeking cultural, informational, and recreational resources.
- Guide each quest with accurate, courteous, and unbiased assistance, through the use of appropriate sources. Everyone should feel valued and successful at this library.
- Catalog and maintain library records with accuracy so that they may be easily accessed and circulated.
- Order and receive selected materials.
- Stimulate children’s interest and appreciation of reading and learning by introducing the world of children’s literature in an environment that encourages creativity, exploration and intellectual growth. (Pre-K to grade six)
- Stimulate young adults’ interest, appreciation and use of the library by offering cultural, informational and recreational resources through both an inviting library environment and outreach contact. (Grade seven to age 19 years)
- Actively promote library use to young adults.
- Guide each patron in their personal quest for information.
- Extend the library beyond traditional boundaries.
- Involve the community in library activities.