Overdrive resources are purchased by Campbell County Public Library System and are only available to Campbell County residents with a valid Campbell County library card.
Downloading & Using Overdrive for PC
To use Overdrive for your PC or Windows device, you'll first need to go to the Microsoft app store and download Overdrive Media Console. This is a free app.
Authorize Your Device with an Adobe ID
When you first open the Overdrive Media Console app, you will need to register with an Adobe ID. If you’re not prompted to enter an Adobe ID, you may need to enter it manually. To register:
- Tap on your Menu button.
- Tap on App Settings
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom
- If you already have an Adobe ID enter it here
- If you do not have an Adobe ID, tap on “Get a free Adobe ID”
- Tap on “Create an Adobe Account"
- Fill in each required field and then select Continue
Add the CCPL Overdrive Site to App
- Open the Overdrive App.
- Select the Menu button and Get Books
- Select Add a Library
- Tap into the search box and type in your zip code
- Tap on Campbell County Public Library to add this library your your app
- Select the star in front of the library name to save it as a favorite
ePub Book Search
- Select Browse or Search for something specific
- When you find an item you want you will either Place a Hold or Add to Cart
- Select Proceed to Checkout
- If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to enter your Library card number and PIN
- If you want, check the box next to Remember me on this device
- Tap on Login
- Choose your Lending Period
- Tap on Confirm Checkout
- Tap on Download
- Did you e-book not display after download?
- If the eBook doesn’t display after pressing download button or your devices freezes, try powering off your device and powering back on
Return an eBook or eAudiobook Early
- Open the Overdrive Media Console App
- Swipe to the left
- Next to the title, tap on the Plus button
- Tap on Return / Delete
- In the popup tap on Return then Delete
If you need a visual explanation of installation, getting books, or downloading, please view the according videos. You can also access the Overdrive help page.