To make your trip to the landfill trouble-free, please follow these guidelines:
- Before bringing your load to the landfill, keep in mind that your load will need to be sorted. The landfill has separate areas for household waste, construction/demolition material, scrap metal, clean wood, tires and yard waste. Please refer to the landfill map to best decide how to sort your load.
- Please tarp or strap your load. All unsecured loads entering the landfill are subject to a $25.00 fee.
- When entering the landfill, you will probably encounter a line at the scale house. Vehicles are also likely to be waiting in line to exit using the same scale. Please take turns by alternating traffic on the scale.
- When it is your turn, pull onto the scale slowly, stop, get out of your vehicle and go into the scale house. There the attendant will give you dumping instructions.
- Dump your load as directed by the landfill staff. When dumping in Building A, watch for the red warning lights. If they are flashing red do not back into the building. Please wait for the equipment operator to turn off the lights then it is safe for you to enter the building.
- When dumping lawn care equipment and boats, please make sure all of the fluids are drained before bringing them to the landfill.
- When exiting the landfill, stop on the scale either return to the scale house to pay for your load or, if your load is free dump, remain in your vehicle and wait for the light to turn green.