If you are chosen for Jury duty these are some things you need to know:
- There are 3 terms of court, each lasting four months. The first Term begins on April 1st, then the 2nd starts Aug. 1 and the last term starts Dec.
- Jurors are selected from the registered voter list and drivers license registration.
- Jury service is one of the most important civic obligations that a citizen has the opportunity to perform.
- You will be paid at the end of your jury service $30.00 plus mileage if you live at least 5 miles from the courthouse for each day that you have reported or served.
EXCUSES: Wyoming Statue Section 1-11-104 provides:
A Juror may not be excused for a trivial cause or for hardship or inconvenience to his/her business, but only when material injury or destruction to his/her property or property entrusted to him/her is threatened.
A juror may be excused for the following reasons:
- They are not a resident of Campbell County
- They are a salaried and active member of an organized fire department or an active member of police department of a city, town or law enforcement agency of the county or state
- They are an elected public official
- Over the age of 72 years
- Care of own young children requiring full attention
- Served as a juror for the previous term
- Illness of a juror
- Member of the National Guard/Wyoming Statute 19-9-301
The Clerk of District Court Office will work around pre-scheduled vacations or doctor appointments.
Jurors may park in the Parking garage behind the Courthouse
Jury service is nearly always an inconvenience and at times you may find it the most serious, most troublesome work you have ever done. However, we sincerely believe that you will find it rewarding, as well as an interesting and educational experience.