Due to the extreme fire danger, the Board of County Commissioners approved a county-wide open burning restriction in Campbell County during their regular meeting on June 15, 2021. The fire restrictions are effective immediately and shall remain in effect until it is amended or rescinded by the Board of County Commissioners. The following two resolutions were approved in regards to the open burning restriction:
Resolution Number 2083 rescinds Firework Resolution 2021 (Resolution Number 2075) which prohibits the sale and use of fireworks.
Resolution Number 2084 imposes restrictions on open burning activities.
The resolution puts in place a partial closure, discharge of fireworks, and all outdoor fires are prohibited in unimproved areas, defined as cropland, agriculture land, and undeveloped land which predominately remains in its natural forested or range condition, except as provided below:
- Trash or refuse fires between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., inside containers provided with spark arrester and located within a cleared area ten feet in radius, are permitted.
- Charcoal fire within enclosed grills are permitted.
- Use of acetylene cutting torches or electric arc welder in cleared areas ten feet in radius are permitted.
- Propane or open fire branding activities in cleared areas ten feet in radius are permitted.
- Use of chainsaws, provided that the chainsaws have spark arresters properly installed and functioning.
- Federal, State, local fire or law enforcement officers participating in fire, emergency, and law enforcement activities.
- Firework display conducted by the Campbell County Department of Parks & Recreation to celebrate the 4th of July.
Please be respectful of our firefighter’s lives by adhering to the resolution.