If your out of state registration is current, you do not need to re-title your vehicle in order to register your vehicle. Please contact the Campbell County Treasurer for more information.
If your out of state registration has expired, you will need to re-title your vehicle. The following documents are required:
1. The original certificate of title
2. Your expired registration
3. A VIN inspection performed by law enforcement
If your lender is holding the certificate of title, you will need to complete a Lien Holder Title Request by Owner (found in forms) and submit it to our office. We will contact your lien holder and request your title to be sent here.
Upon receipt of your title we will contact you to bring in the following documents:
1. A VIN inspection performed by law enforcement
2. Your expired vehicle registration
3. Your loan papers. (Security Agreement or Financing Statement)
Vin inspection form