Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
If you receive the title work from your dealer, the MSO(manufacture statement of origin) must be notarized or it will be rejected.Bring the following documents with you to our office:1. MSO (must be notarized by dealer selling the vehicle)2. Odometer statement completed and signed by selling dealer and buyer3. Financing paperwork if you have financed your vehicle4. Correct fees (see fee schedule) payable in cash or check only
If you receive the title work from your dealer, you will need to bring in the following documents. 1. Certificate of title signed by the seller(s) according to the law of the issuing state.2. Lien release for any liens not released on the certificate of title.3. Odometer statement completed and signed by the selling dealer and buyer (applicable only on vehicles 10 years or newer)4. VIN inspection form completed by law enforcement5. Financing paperwork if you have financed the vehicle Vin inspection form
Unless the title is a Wyoming title, you will need a VIN inspection performed by law enforcement. Contact information:Gillette Police Department (for vehicles located in the city limits) 307 682-5155Campbell County Sheriff (for vehicles located outside the city limits, but within Campbell County) 307 682-7271 VIN inspection form
1. The MSO (if brand new) that has been notarized.2. The original title (if an out of state title you must have a VIN inspection performed by the appropriate agent for that state and remit that form)3. An odometer statement completed on the title or accompanying documents, or a separate Odometer statement completed by both the seller and the buyer.4. A State of Wyoming application for certificate of title completed. You must also complete the Branded Title/Salvage Disclosure section. The application must be signed and notarized.
5. A Factory Price for your vehicle. Please contact our office with your Vehicle Identification Number and Year, Make, and Trim level so we can quote you your vehicle’s Factory Price.6. Correct fees (see fee schedule)
• A vehicle identification number inspection is done by a Wyoming dealer if the vehicle was in the dealership’s inventory or by law enforcement if purchased from an out of state dealer or individual. Law Enforcement Officers will have the form necessary to complete the inspection. o Gillette Police Department – 682-5155 (for vehicles located in the city limits)o Campbell County Sheriff’s Department – 682-7271(for vehicles located in Campbell County)
For vehicles located out of state:• Contact law enforcement for that location• If on a military base, contact a commissioned officer• Some states have designated inspection departments Vin inspection form
Duplicate certificates of title are issued in the county that originally issued the title. Effective July 1, 2018, there is no waiting period to obtain a duplicate title - Wyoming State Statutes 31-2-105 & 31-2-505. You will need to complete the Application for Duplicate Title. All owners must sign the Application for Duplicate Title and have their signatures notarized. If there are any outstanding (unreleased) liens, you need to submit a lien release statement or letter from your lender. Fee: $15.00
If your out of state registration has expired, you will need to re-title your vehicle. The following documents are required:
1. The original certificate of title2. Your expired registration3. A VIN inspection performed by law enforcement4. $25.00If your lender is holding the certificate of title, you will need to complete a Lien Holder Title Request by Owner (found in forms) and submit it to our office. We will contact your lien holder and request your title to be sent here.
Upon receipt of your title we will contact you to bring in the following documents:
1. A VIN inspection performed by law enforcement2. Your expired vehicle registration3. Your loan papers. (Security Agreement or Financing Statement)4. $45.00
Vin inspection form
2. Your WY G & F boat registration3. Affidavit of Ownership4. Correct fees (see fee schedule in forms) Watercraft Application
You will need the following documents: 1. The certificate of title properly endorsed (notarized if required) 2. A Vin inspection if the title is not a Wyoming title. 3. Correct fees (see fee schedule in forms)
If the seller does not have a title, please contact our office for assistance.
1. Is designed to travel on at least four(4) wheels in contact with the ground.2. Has an empty weight of at least 300 pounds but less than 3000 pounds.3. Has a permanent upright seat or saddle for the driver which is mounted at least 24 inches from the ground.4.Has a vehicle identification number.
To title an MPV purchased new from a dealer, you will need:1. The MSO signed by the dealer with his/her signature notarized.2. An Odometer statement completed if the unit is equipped with an odometer.3. An MPV Checklist
To title a previously owned MPV with a Wyoming Certificate of Title, you will need:1. The Wyoming title properly signed by the seller(s) with all signatures notarized.2. An Odometer statement completed if the unit is equipped with an odometer. (Not required if the model year of the vehicle is over 10 years old.)3. An MPV Checklist4. $15.00 fee
To title a previously owned MPV with an out of state title you will need:1. The out of state title properly endorsed.2. An Odometer statement completed if the unit is equipped with an odometer. (Not required if the model year of the vehicle is more than 10 years old).3. An MPV Checklist4. A VIN inspection performed by law enforcement.5. $25.00 To title an MPV that has no certificate of title, please contact our office for assistance. VIN Inspection form